DENVER, March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DaVita, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. (NYSE: DVA) and a leading provider of kidney care services, will host a Google+ Hangout on Air dedicated to global kidney disease awareness on World Kidney Day.
Join the "Be #KidneyAware: Raise Kidney Disease Awareness Worldwide" Google+ Hangout on Air on Thursday, March 13, at 8:30 a.m. PT/ 11:30 a.m. ET by registering at http://bit.ly/WKDHangout.
Panelists for the Google+ Hangout on Air are:
- Dr. Allen Nissenson, DaVita chief medical officer
- Dr. Topoti Mukherjee, nephrologist for DaVita NephroLife in Bangalore, India
- Sara Hendren, director of operations for Bridge of Life—DaVita Medical Missions
- Angela Lattimore, Dialysis Patient Citizens advocate
Roughly 1.4 million people worldwide are on dialysis, and that number continues to grow each year. Kidney disease is seen by many as a worldwide health concern and people are starting to realize the importance of raising awareness across the globe."Kidney disease is growing by eight percent annually worldwide, and it demands more attention from the global health community," said Dr. Topoti Mukherjee, a nephrologist for DaVita NephroLife in Bangalore, India. "We're facing the reality that awareness, education and prevention are needed in almost every nation. For example, in India less than 10 percent of people with kidney failure receive any form of treatment. Without proper treatment, kidney disease could take the lives of millions of people around the globe." When caught early enough, the progression of kidney disease can be slowed down or in some cases even prevented with diet and help from an integrated care team. If kidney disease progresses to end stage renal disease, transplant and dialysis are the only options for survival.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV