Statoil's dialogue with Finanstilsynet has raised several questions of principle importance. Statoil has emphasised that from a company perspective it is desirable to have the greatest possible degree of harmonisation between the accounting standard in question, industry practice, and the regulations applicable in the markets where the operations take place.
Finanstilsynet has also recommended that Statoil present its business area Development & Production North America as a separate segment in its future financial reporting. Statoil has concluded to continue its current practice where the company's international upstream activity is aggregated into one segment.
Further information from:
Press: Jannik Lindbæk jr, tel: +47 97755622Investor relations: Lars Valdresbråten, tel: +47 40281789 Gudmund Hartveit, tel: +47 97159536 This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act. HUG#1767801
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV