ARMONK, N.Y., and HANNOVER, Germany, March 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At the CeBIT exhibition in Hannover, IBM (NYSE: IBM ) announced today that premium car manufacturer BMW Group is deploying IBM Big Data & Analytics technology to optimize products, repairs and maintenance. The use of predictive analytics helps to detect and fix vulnerabilities before new models are launched – and long before they might cause problems in series production.
The analyses include product and development data as well as warranty, diagnostics, and repair information that is gathered and evaluated worldwide.
With IBM Big Data & Analytics technology, the insights obtained from these large amounts of data can be incorporated into the product design and production process. Analyses that often used to take several months are available within a few days now, so that potential issues are detected and fixed swiftly to avoid recurring faults.
The IBM SPSS predictive analytics software helps to combine and analyze data from, for instance, numerous test drives of prototypes, an average of 15,000 faults recorded by vehicles, and details from recent workshop reports. This way, vulnerabilities can be quickly identified and eliminated before new models go into series production. The results of the analyses are immediately channeled back into the operational processes, helping to reduce error rates and save costs. Previously, the evaluation of this data took months to complete.Using IBM Big Data & Analytics, all available data sources can be analyzed to discover patterns and anomalies to predict and anticipate maintenance needs. Thanks to the targeted evaluation of product, maintenance and repair data, repair instructions can be issued on a timely basis, reducing the number of workshop visits and speeding up repair times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV