TYSONS CORNER, Va., March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DSS Technology Management, Inc., a subsidiary of Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS; "DSS"), a leading developer and integrator of security technologies, today announced the filing of a patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung Electronics Co. ("Samsung"), Taiwan Semiconductor Corporation ("TSMC"), and NEC Corporation of America ("NEC") in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division.
DSS's complaint alleges infringement by Samsung, NEC and TSMC of patents related to semiconductor manufacturing. DSS Technology Management acquired these patents in 2013 in order to support development of proprietary hardware and peripherals, including devices running AuthentiGuard, DSS's digital technology for brand protection.
DSS is represented in this matter by Derek Gilliland of Nix, Patterson & Roach, LLP a complex commercial and intellectual property litigation firm with offices in Dallas, Austin, and East Texas ( www.nixlawfirm.com) and Bo Davis of The Davis Firm, PC, a patent litigation law firm based in Longview, Texas ( www.bdavisfirm.com).
For more information on AuthentiGuard, and to view a demonstration of the technology as featured on Fox News' Fox and Friends, please visit www.authentiguard.com.The case is Civil Action No. 2:14-cv-00199. Copies of the complaint are available at www.pacer.gov/findcase.html . About DSS (Document Security Systems, Inc.) Document Security Systems, Inc.'s (NYSE MKT: DSS) products and solutions are used by governments, corporations and financial institutions to defeat fraud and to protect brands and digital information from the expanding world-wide counterfeiting problem. DSS technologies help ensure the authenticity of both digital and physical financial instruments, identification documents, sensitive publications, brand packaging and websites.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV