Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: PKOH) today announced results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013.
FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
Net sales were $309.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2013, an increase of $35.4 million, or 13%, from net sales of $274.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2012. Earnings per diluted share attributable to common shareholders increased 14% to $0.72 in the fourth quarter of 2013 from $0.63 in the fourth quarter of 2012. ParkOhio reported net income attributable to ParkOhio common shareholders of $8.9 million, or $0.72 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2013, which included: a loss of $0.2 million from discontinued operations, or $0.02 per diluted share; $1.6 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, of pre-tax acquisition-related costs in cost of sales associated with the fourth quarter acquisitions by Supply Technologies; and excluded $0.3 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, of net income attributable to noncontrolling interest. This compares to net income attributable to ParkOhio common shareholders of $7.7 million, or $0.63 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2012, which included the impact of the net loss of $0.5 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, from discontinued operations, net of taxes.
For the fourth quarter of 2013, as adjusted earnings were $0.85 per diluted share, or $10.4 million, which was an increase of 27%, compared to as adjusted earnings of $0.67 per diluted share, or $8.2 million, for the fourth quarter of 2012. As adjusted earnings reflect earnings from continuing operations attributable to ParkOhio common shareholders excluding the acquisition-related costs included in cost of sales associated with the fourth quarter acquisitions by Supply Technologies. In addition, EBITDA, as defined was $27.0 million during the fourth quarter of 2013 and compares to EBITDA, as defined of $27.3 million during the fourth quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV