- Ken Murphy has been appointed to the previously vacant role of chief operating officer overseeing sales and operations, marketing, merchandising, information technology, business development and supply chain. Murphy has more than 15 years experience with Mattress Firm. He became the Company's executive vice president, sales and operations, in 2010 after holding various positions within Mattress Firm, including regional vice president of sales, vice president of field and talent management, director of training and recruiting and several field management positions. Murphy earned a Master of Education from the University of Pennsylvania and is an advisory board member for the Nelson Rusche College of Business at Stephen F. Austin State University, his alma mater.
- Succeeding Murphy as senior vice president of sales and operations is Sam Woods. Woods grew up in the furniture industry and joined Mattress Firm almost 17 years ago as a franchisee. After selling his franchise back to Mattress Firm in 2000, Woods held a variety of roles, including district sales manager, regional sales manager, regional vice president of sales and, most recently, divisional vice president of sales and operations. Woods graduated from Rhodes College with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Philosophy.
- Kindel Elam, previously vice president and general counsel, has been promoted to executive vice president and general counsel. Prior to joining Mattress Firm in 2012, Elam was a senior associate at Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. in Houston, TX where she represented clients in connection with mergers and acquisition, securities, and finance transactions, and has international experience with various commercial and finance matters. Elam earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology from Vanderbilt University and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Texas’ School of Law.
Mattress Firm Announces Organizational Promotions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.