Mattress Firm Holding Corp. (NASDAQ:MFRM), the nation's largest specialty mattress retailer, today announced a series of personnel changes designed to support the organization’s high-growth and results-oriented business model. The personnel promotions are as follows, effective immediately:
- Ken Murphy has been appointed to the previously vacant role of chief operating officer overseeing sales and operations, marketing, merchandising, information technology, business development and supply chain. Murphy has more than 15 years experience with Mattress Firm. He became the Company's executive vice president, sales and operations, in 2010 after holding various positions within Mattress Firm, including regional vice president of sales, vice president of field and talent management, director of training and recruiting and several field management positions. Murphy earned a Master of Education from the University of Pennsylvania and is an advisory board member for the Nelson Rusche College of Business at Stephen F. Austin State University, his alma mater.
- Succeeding Murphy as senior vice president of sales and operations is Sam Woods. Woods grew up in the furniture industry and joined Mattress Firm almost 17 years ago as a franchisee. After selling his franchise back to Mattress Firm in 2000, Woods held a variety of roles, including district sales manager, regional sales manager, regional vice president of sales and, most recently, divisional vice president of sales and operations. Woods graduated from Rhodes College with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and a minor in Philosophy.
- Kindel Elam, previously vice president and general counsel, has been promoted to executive vice president and general counsel. Prior to joining Mattress Firm in 2012, Elam was a senior associate at Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. in Houston, TX where she represented clients in connection with mergers and acquisition, securities, and finance transactions, and has international experience with various commercial and finance matters. Elam earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology from Vanderbilt University and her Juris Doctorate from the University of Texas’ School of Law.
“There’s nothing more important to Mattress Firm than a strong executive management team that can lead the organization through continued growth and innovation,” said Steve Stagner, president and chief executive officer. “Ken, Sam and Kindel are committed and capable leaders that have made a lasting, positive impact on the Company. I am confident they will continue to strengthen our operations and grow the organization to the first national specialty bedding retailer reaching border to border and coast to coast.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV