AKRON, Ohio, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) has been recognized as the world's most admired motor vehicle parts company by Fortune magazine.
Goodyear topped the list of leading companies from around the world in five of the nine key attributes evaluated: people management, use of assets, social responsibility, long-term investment and product/service quality.
"This recognition is a credit to the hard work of 69,000 Goodyear associates around the world," said Richard J. Kramer, Goodyear chairman and chief executive officer. "It validates the success of our strategy roadmap and serves as a meaningful mile marker on our journey toward creating sustainable value," he added.
Started in 1983, the Fortune Most Admired list is considered "the definitive report card on corporate reputations." It uses a rigorous assessment by nearly 4,000 executives, board directors and securities analysts to determine a company's overall reputation by evaluating innovation, people management, use of assets, social responsibility, management quality, financial soundness, long-term investment, product/service quality and global competitiveness.The full list and related stories appear in the March issue of Fortune, which is available on newsstands and online at www.fortune.com. Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate. Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20050204/GTLOGO SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV