Rigrodsky & Long, P.A.:
- Do you own shares of Safeway Inc. (NYSE: SWY )?
- Did you purchase any of your shares prior to March 6, 2014?
- Do you think the proposed buyout price is too low?
- Do you want to discuss your rights?
Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. announces that it is investigating potential legal claims against the board of directors of Safeway Inc. (“Safeway” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SWY) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related to the Company’s entry into an agreement to be acquired by Albertsons (“Albertsons”) in a transaction valued at approximately $9 billion.
Click here to learn more: http://www.rigrodskylong.com/investigations/safeway-inc-swy.
Under the terms of the agreement, public shareholders of Safeway will receive value estimated at $40.00 per share for each share of Safeway they own. This includes $32.50 in cash, the right to receive pro-rata distributions of net proceeds from primarily non-core assets with an estimated value of $3.65 per share, and shares of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ GS: HAWK).The investigation concerns whether Safeway’s board of directors failed to adequately shop the Company and obtain the best possible value for Safeway’s shareholders before entering into an agreement with Albertsons. According to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst has issued a price target for Safeway stock at $46.00 per share. If you own the common stock of Safeway and purchased your shares before March 6, 2014, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Seth D. Rigrodsky or Gina M. Serra at Rigrodsky & Long, P.A., 2 Righter Parkway, Suite 120, Wilmington, Delaware 19803; by telephone at (888) 969-4242; by e-mail to email@example.com, or at: http://www.rigrodskylong.com/investigations/safeway-inc-swy. Rigrodsky & Long, P.A., with offices in Wilmington, Delaware and Garden City, New York, regularly prosecutes securities class, derivative and direct actions, shareholder rights litigation and corporate governance litigation, on behalf of shareholders in states and federal courts throughout the United States. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV