3 Stocks Reiterated As A Hold: PM, FSLR, MS
- The gross profit margin for PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL is rather high; currently it is at 69.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 25.51% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,320.00 million or 40.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 26.31%.
- PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL increased its bottom line by earning $5.26 versus $5.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 3.0% in earnings ($5.10 versus $5.26).
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, PM has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 11.68% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Tobacco industry. The net income has decreased by 5.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2,095.00 million to $1,987.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: Philip Morris International Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV