The Chinese paper packaging company amassed a volume of more than 1 million, more than 53 times its average of 20,228. The stock hit a high of $1.47 on Monday and holds a one-year high of $1.65. It hit a low of 98 cents for the day and holds a one-year low of 80 cents.
TheStreet Ratings team rates CHINA SHENGDA PACKAGING GP as a "hold" with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
Must Read: ZBB Energy (ZBB) Continues Surge Upwards
"We rate CHINA SHENGDA PACKAGING GP (CPGI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- CPGI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.09, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA SHENGDA PACKAGING GP is rather low; currently it is at 17.87%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.34% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.01 million or 129.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CPGI Ratings Report