On 3/12/14, Public Storage's 6.5% Cumulative Preferred Share of Beneficial Interest, Series P (PSA.PRP) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4062, payable on 3/31/14. As a percentage of PSA.PRP's recent share price of $25.62, this dividend works out to approximately 1.59%, so look for shares of PSA.PRP to trade 1.59% lower — all else being equal — when PSA.PRP shares open for trading on 3/12/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.29%, which compares to an average yield of 7.41% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, PSA.PRP was trading at a 3.28% premium to its liquidation preference amount. The chart below shows the one year performance of PSA.PRP shares, versus PSA:
Below is a dividend history chart for PSA.PRP, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4062 on Public Storage's 6.5% Cumulative Preferred Share of Beneficial Interest, Series P:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Public Storage (PSA) makes up 11.13% of the iShares Residential Real Estate Capped ETF (REZ) which is trading lower by about 0.7% on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV