On 3/12/14, Weyerhaeuser Co.'s 6.375% Mandatory Convertible Preference Shares, Series A (WY.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.7969, payable on 4/1/14. As a percentage of WY.PRA's recent share price of $54.84, this dividend works out to approximately 1.45%, so look for shares of WY.PRA to trade 1.45% lower — all else being equal — when WY.PRA shares open for trading on 3/12/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 5.80%, which compares to an average yield of 7.41% in the "Real Estate" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, WY.PRA was trading at a 10.10% premium to its liquidation preference amount. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible, with a conversion ratio of 1.5015 and 1.8018. The chart below shows the one year performance of WY.PRA shares, versus WY:
Below is a dividend history chart for WY.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.7969 on Weyerhaeuser Co.'s 6.375% Mandatory Convertible Preference Shares, Series A :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Weyerhaeuser Co. (WY) makes up 7.66% of the iShares Global Timber & Forestry ETF (WOOD) which is trading lower by about 0.9% on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV