On 3/12/14, Omnicare Inc.'s Series B 4.00% Trust Preferred Income Equity Redeemable Securities (OCR.PRB) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.50, payable on 3/17/14. As a percentage of OCR.PRB's recent share price of $72.65, this dividend works out to approximately 0.69%, so look for shares of OCR.PRB to trade 0.69% lower — all else being equal — when OCR.PRB shares open for trading on 3/12/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 2.71%, which compares to an average yield of 3.60% in the "Healthcare" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, OCR.PRB was trading at a 47.74% premium to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 29.80% in the "Healthcare" category. It should be noted that the preferred shares are convertible, with a conversion ratio of 1.2248. The chart below shows the one year performance of OCR.PRB shares, versus OCR:
Below is a dividend history chart for OCR.PRB, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.50 on Omnicare Inc.'s Series B 4.00% Trust Preferred Income Equity Redeemable Securities:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Omnicare Inc. (OCR) makes up 2.13% of the SPDR S&PHealth Care Services ETF (XHS) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV