NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Montage Technology (MONT) was gaining 20.3% to $20.65 Monday on news that the chipmaker received a non-binding proposal from Shanghai Pudong Science and Technology to acquire the company.
In the proposal letter the state-owned PDSTI proposed to acquire all outstanding ordinary shares of Montage for $21.50 a share in cash. The company said its board it reviewing and evaluating the proposal, and no decision has yet been made. Even with the proposal letter there is no guarantee an offer will be made for the company.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV