Comcast today announced that it has signed an agreement with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) to sell the studio’s titles through the Xfinity On Demand digital store. In the coming weeks, Xfinity TV customers will be able to purchase Sony Pictures movies and TV shows to own and access anytime, anywhere, on any device, often before the DVD release.
“The Sony Pictures library is a terrific addition to our rapidly expanding offering of hit films and TV shows available for purchase,” said Michael Schreiber, Senior Vice President of Content Acquisition at Comcast Cable. “The response to the digital store has been encouraging and tells us our customers love the flexibility and ease of purchasing content directly from Xfinity On Demand to watch when and where they want it.”
“Sony Pictures is pleased that this agreement brings significant titles to Comcast customers,” said Man Jit Singh, SPHE President. “We deeply value our relationship with Comcast and look forward to working closely with them to meet the needs of all audiences.”
Among the first titles available for purchase will be the multi-Academy Award nominated American Hustle which will be available to own digitally on March 11. Additional Sony Pictures movie and TV titles that will be available for purchase in the coming weeks include the critically-acclaimed TV series Breaking Bad, as well as popular movies such as Captain Phillips, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, The Amazing Spiderman and 21 Jump Street.Comcast customers have the ability to purchase movies and television shows - often weeks before they are available to rent or purchase on Blu-ray and DVD - and store them seamlessly in the cloud. Their content can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime, on their TV, PC or mobile devices. Purchased titles are added to customers’ On Demand menus which are easily accessible on the TV, online or via the Xfinity On Demand Purchases app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV