Hornbeck Offshore Services Inc. Stock Upgraded (HOS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HORNBECK OFFSHORE SVCS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HORNBECK OFFSHORE SVCS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.76 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.35 versus $1.76).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 96.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.30 million to $22.24 million.
- 49.32% is the gross profit margin for HORNBECK OFFSHORE SVCS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 15.34% is above that of the industry average.
- HOS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.82 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts