The airline's total revenue passenger miles for February were 15.1 million. Total capacity was 19.2 billion available seat miles, up 0.8% from February 2013. American Airlines saw a total passenger lad factor of 78.4% in February, down 0.3% from the year-ago period.
Severe weather caused the airline to cancel more than 14,000 flights in February, up 149% from February 2013. American Airlines believes the cancellations had a slight positive impact on unit revenue, but a larger negative impact on unit cost and quarter profitability.
Despite the severe weather American Airlines believes PRASM (passenger revenue per available seat mile) will increase between 2% and 4% in the first quarter.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. AAL data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV