By midmorning Monday, shares had added 7.5% to $9.92. Since Thursday, the stock is up 31.2%.
The headphones maker reported fourth-quarter net income of 13 cents a share, 4 cents higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast.
Revenue of $72.25 million was $370,000 higher than analysts' expectations.SKUL data by YCharts Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SKULLCANDY INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SKULLCANDY INC (SKUL) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in its earnings per share." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 68.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.46 million to $3.57 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Household Durables industry and the overall market, SKULLCANDY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $4.68 million or 81.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- SKULLCANDY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SKULLCANDY INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.10 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.10 versus -$0.10).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 28.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 28.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SKUL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts