NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Boeing were slipping on Monday as a Boeing 777 Malaysia Airlines plane remains missing since Saturday and there are reports of surface of cracks found in 43 787 Dreamliner jets.
Shares of Boeing (BA) were slipping on Monday as a 777 remains missing two days after departing Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.
There is still no information on the Malaysia Airlines flight containing 239 passengers and crew that disappeared on March 8. Teams from nine countries including the U.S. have been aiding Malaysia in its search of the Gulf of Thailand.Authorities are not ruling out foul play in the disappearance of the 777, an aircraft that has one of the best safety records in aviation. Boeing also was weighed down Monday by the emergency landing of a 787 Dreamliner in Hawaii on Saturday. The Japan Airlines flight was en route from Tokyo to San Francisco when pilots shut down one of its engines following an oil pressure warning. This came after a report in The Wall Street Journal detailed cracks that were found in more than 40 Boeing 787 Dreamliner jets. Boeing and a supplier are inspecting the wings, which will delay deliveries to some airlines. Last year, Boeing was forced to halt deliveries of the jet due to problems with its lithium-ion batteries. At last check, shares of Boeing were slipping more than 2.3% to $125.56. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV