Which Other 'Dead' Mexican Drug Lords May Still Be Alive?
NEW YORK (TheStreet) --Many Mexicans weren't surprised when Mexican drug kingpin Nazario Moreno Gonzalez, also know as "El Chayo," was reported killed Sunday in a shootout with Mexican authorities.
Never mind that he was supposed to have been killed already in 2010.
Indeed, less than a month ago, vigilantes in the Mexican state of Michoacan were claiming Gonzalez, who used to be in charge of a violent quasi-religious cartel known as "La Familia," was alive and running a violent quasi-religious cartel called "The Knights Templar," according to a Feb. 13 report on the website Vocativ.
That same article discusses Ignacio "Nacho" Coronel, also known as Ignacio Colonel Villareal, who was one of the top-ranking members of the Sinaloa Federation, possibly on par with Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman. El Chapo was arrested last month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV