Update (4:35 p.m.): Updated with Monday market close information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- FuelCell Energy (FCEL) hit a one-year high of $4.23 on Monday as fuel cell providers, including Plug Power (PLUG) and Ballard Power Systems (BLDP), continued their recent surge as the demand for clean battery technology increases.
Plug Power recently earned a contract with Wal-Mart (WMT) to provide more than 1,700 hydrogen fuel cell solutions to power electric lift truck fleets at six of Wal-Mart's North American distribution centers. Plug Power's stock has increased almost sixfold so far this year.
FuelCell closed up 11.33% to $3.93, up 40 cents from its previous close of $3.53, on Monday. The company will also release its first-quarter earnings after the market closes on Monday.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV