NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Better Homes and Gardens today revealed its first ever Better Homes and Gardens ® Color Palette of the Year in tandem with the April Color Issue, hitting newsstands on March 18. The collection of seven colors expresses the most current trends from home to fashion, in hues that work together beautifully in multiple combinations.
To curate the palette, Better Homes and Gardens editors collected colors touted in trend forecasts and at trade shows, including the Color Marketing Group's International Summit. Then, BHG editors fine-tuned the tones to offer hues that are fresh, livable, and lasting.
"We can all use a little more color in our lives, and vibrant, on-trend color is exciting to try," says Gayle Butler, Editor-in-Chief, Better Homes and Gardens. "Our Color Palette of the Year brings readers a collection of the most on-trend colors that translate beautifully into real homes and rooms. Our collection of seven hues offers unlimited possibilities to find a look and make it your own. "
Below is the 2014 Better Homes and Gardens ® Color Palette of the Year, and suggested paint hues from a variety of brands.
- COLBALT: It's the biggest news in fashion, wearable for anyone and any room.
- INDIGO CLOTH 4009-7 (VALSPAR)
- YELLOW: Pulled from the sun, this energetic color brings a happy mood.
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON T14-19 (BEHR)
- LAVENDER: Pale purple with gray undertones make an easy-to-live-with cool color combo.
- OBI LILAC SW6556 (SHERWIN-WILLIAMS)
- APPLE GREEN: This leaf-inspired hue is just like the greens in nature—a colorful neutral.
- ELM VALLEY B32-6 (ACE HARDWARE)
- CHAMBRAY: This mid-range blue hue is timeless and looks great with anything.
- BLUE JEAN 2062-50 ( BENJAMIN MOORE)
- CORAL: This pretty poppy explores the trend of adventurous brights.
- HAIKU 4-7 (PRATT & LAMBERT)
- BEIGE: Aim for a naturally warm-toned beige, like pebbles in sand.
- NAVAJO WHITE D12-1 (OLYMPIC)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts