Update (9:35 a.m.): Updated with Monday market open information.
The stock was falling 1.82% to $149.15 at 9:35 a.m. on Monday.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC (BWLD) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 78.97% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BWLD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC has improved earnings per share by 23.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BUFFALO WILD WINGS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.80 versus $3.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.80 versus $3.80).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 24.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $16.66 million to $20.82 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BWLD Ratings Report