- Next generation compact BUC provides higher output power in one of the industry's smallest and most reliable packages
- Switchable frequency bands cover both Ka Commercial and Ka Military bands in the same unit
PETAH TIKVA, Israel, March 10, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq:GILT), a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, solutions and services, announced today the introduction of Wavestream's 50W Ka-Wideband PowerStream Block Upconverter (BUC). This PowerStream unit incorporates Wavestream's Spatial advantEdge™ technology to provide higher output power in smaller, lighter weight packages that are more reliable and use less energy.
The PowerStream BUC will be showcased at this week's Satellite 2014 event in Washington D.C.
The 50W Ka-Wideband PowerStream is the next evolution of Wavestream's Ka-band products. It retains all the features and improves on the performance of its Ka-band predecessor, while being one-half (1/2) the size, and one-half (1/2) the weight for higher linear output power.The 50W Ka-Wideband PowerStream features:
- Over 30-Watts of Linear Output Power – Per MIL-STD-188-164 definition
- Lower Power Draw – Means cooler temperatures and higher Mean-Time-Between-Failure (MTBF)
- Flexible, Modular Design – Can be fitted to almost any antenna
- Wideband – Able to cover frequencies from 27.5 GHz – 31.0 GHz, in up to 4 sub-bands