This is the first column in a three-part series on how to navigate the corporate minefield.
Push aside for a hot second that the top dog in the office earns a cool six-figure salary, excluding a $50,000 bonus come January. Yet, you aren't quite sure what this individual does to earn those megabucks, especially following another year of layoffs and subpar financial results. Bosses suck because of how they impact your daily life. For instance:
- You have to kiss their rear at all company and non-company events. Bad mood, sick, or whatever, you have to be a champion of the boss's wins and future goals out in the public's eye. I know you have rage-out sessions at home post these uber-smiley, happy public situations.
- You have to listen to this person talk and talk about useless things at five daily meetings that are profoundly out of touch with your tasks and future aspirations. That puts you to sleep, and could set your career off track.
- You have to present in front of a boss likely to play mind games in real-time. Ever give a PowerPoint presentation, return to your seat, and others begin to converse...except the boss who is trying to break everything (and you) down? That process brings self-doubt into your existence, and who wants to feel confused and worthless. Dammit, we could all be career rock stars!
Tired of the boss? Wish he/she would disappear out of the front door never to be seen or heard from again? Do YOU strive to be the boss, that person that others outwardly demonstrate glowing affection towards but internally despise? Well, in order to attract these things, you have to undermine the current boss and get them fired. Here is the strategy plan to make that happen...CEO of Belus Capital Advisors, analyst to TheStreet
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts