NEW YORK, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Jetsetter.com, the world's leading luxury travel site that provides expert knowledge and exclusive deals on some of the finest travel experiences, today released a bevy of honeymoon facts based on hotel room bookings made through the site's Personal Travel Planning service. The service allows travelers to consult with an expert, establish a customized travel plan, and book a trip.
Where Honeymooners Are GoingThe five most popular international honeymoon destinations are the Caribbean, Italy, French Polynesia, Thailand, and China. These locales represent almost 40% of all international honeymoon bookings. For couples who choose to stick closer to home, more than half go to Hawaii.
How Much They're SpendingOn average, couples spend $4,183 on honeymoon accommodations. When it comes to the priciest honeymoons, however, the numbers are far higher—reaching $11,905 domestically and $23,000 internationally.
All About PlanningThe most popular months to honeymoon are April through July. On average, couples book their accommodations 2.5 months in advance, but that can vary greatly, according to Travel Operations Coordinator Brad Thomas: "The record for most in-advance booking was 13 months, but we've also had a couple who booked their stay the day their honeymoon started."Other Fun Facts
- Most Popular Honeymoon: Beach with a side of adventure (horseback riding, kayaking, hiking, etc.)
- Honeymoon Farthest from Home: 10,000 miles ( New York to Bali)
- Best Special Request: A free-standing claw-foot tub…in the bedroom
- Most Requested Add-Ons: Champagne, rose petals, beach drinks, plunge pools, and couples massages
- Most Varied Honeymoon: Nine different hotels in seven different destinations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV