SEATTLE, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Top-rated ultra-luxury cruise operator Seabourn has contracted hospitality design icon Adam D. Tihany to create the indoor and outdoor guest areas of its new ship being built in Italy and due to launch in 2016.
Tihany is Art Director of the Culinary Institute of America, and sits on the advisory Board of the New York School of Interior Design and the Holon Design Museum. His outstanding contribution to the world of design has been recognized with numerous honors and awards, including an Honorary Doctorate from the New York School of Interior Design and induction into the Interior Design Hall of Fame.
For Seabourn, Tihany will create a design vision for the entire vessel including multiple dining venues; the Spa at Seabourn; showrooms; casino and lounges; outdoor deck areas; and the innovative and popular Seabourn Square multi-purpose space.
Tihany is renowned for his restaurant projects for high-profile celebrity chefs, including Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, Jean Georges Vongerichten, Charlie Palmer, Heston Blumenthal, Paul Bocuse and Wolfgang Puck, as well as luxury hotel projects worldwide, such as South Africa's One & Only Cape Town resort, Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, King David Hotel in Jerusalem, The Oberoi Hotel in New Delhi, The Beverly Hills Hotel, The Breakers in Palm Beach and Hotel Cipriani in Venice to name just a few."Adam Tihany's artistic sensibilities are a wonderful match with Seabourn," said Richard D. Meadows, Seabourn's president. "His designs convey the essence of ultra-luxury with a vitality that is lively and exciting yet perfectly embodies the relaxed elegance that has always been the heart of Seabourn's hospitality." Another value that Tihany shares with Seabourn is a dedication to personalization. The designer takes pride in drawing inspiration from his clients' backgrounds or preferences.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV