**UPDATED from 03/09/14 - 11:33 PM EDT to include a link to (mostly negative) reaction from Facebook users at TheStreet's Facebook page.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I logged into the desktop version of Facebook (FB) Sunday night and was greeted by what the company calls a new, streamlined newsfeed. Initially, there was a notification at the top of the page announcing the tweak, which basically just makes your feed appear tighter and a bit easier on the eyes. But after I refreshed the page a couple of times, it (the notification, not the new newsfeed) was gone.
I checked the mobile version on my iPad and it looks the same way it always has.
UPDATE: Check out the reaction to Facebook's newsfeed tweak from readers at TheStreet's Facebook page ... here ... at THE link.
Speaking of Facebook, TheStreet's Debra Borchardt caught up with one of MySpace's co-founders, Chris DeWolfe, at SXSW in Austin and got his thoughts on the company as well as the general social media landscape. Here's Deb at her best ... in her element from Texas!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV