Shares of WWE fell 0.5% to $29.64 Friday after setting a record on Thursday.
In an interview with Bloomberg WWE CFO George Barrios said "We think we'll be able to announce a new domestic rights partner at the end of April or beginning of May." The company is in talks with "multiple parties" according to Barrios, though he did not name any potential partners.
WWE currently has a deal with Comcast's (CMCSA) NBCUniversal to distribute its flagship shows.The company recently launched the WWE Network which streams all of WWE's monthly pay-per-view events including WrestleMania as well as other original content. The network also gives fans access to older episodes of Raw and Smackdown, but the most recent episodes are only available through cable and Hulu Plus. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC (WWE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- WWE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, WWE has a quick ratio of 2.05, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, WWE's share price has jumped by 166.90%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for WORLD WRESTLING ENTMT INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.52%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -6.67% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $11.65 million or 47.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WWE Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts