FMC Technologies (FTI) Highlighted As Storm The Castle Stock
- FTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.9 million.
- FTI has traded 3.0 million shares today.
- FTI is trading at 1.79 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- FTI crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FTI: FMC Technologies, Inc. provides technology solutions for the energy industry worldwide. FTI has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate FMC Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for FMC Technologies has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. FMC has a market cap of $12.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 4.6% with 4.71 days to cover. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates FMC Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FTI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 48.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.10 versus $1.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.65 versus $2.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 47.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $120.40 million to $177.80 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 157.79% to $370.20 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 22.86%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.59, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.95 is weak.
- You can view the full FMC Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.