Cars With Matching Wearable Tech
Edmunds.com's Montoya says wearable gadgets are the new trend these days, and that two of the most new and notable ones were recently prominently displayed by Mercedes-Benz and BMW at CES 2014.
Developers for Mercedes-Benz were showing off Pebble smartwatches running the Digital DriveStyle App at this year's CES. The DriveStyle app will display basic car information on the smartwatch as well as vibrating alerts of upcoming traffic or accidents on the road.
Similarly, BMW showed off a Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch with an app that ran its "i Remote" app for use with the 2014 BMW i3 electric vehicle. The i Remote app will display information on the battery's charge status and remaining range. The application can also show whether the doors and windows are closed and can adjust the climate control. The app will even recognize voice commands to give it navigation directions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV