Complete infotainment systems like the Cadillac CUE charge a hefty premium for a product could become a trying experience for the driver, according to Kelley Blue Book analyst, Zach Vlasuk.
"The Cadillac ATS or the Cadillac CTS without CUE are great," said Vlasuk. "But when you put it in there, it completely ruins the driving experience. It makes it more dangerous and it takes three steps to complete a process that should take one, such as changing the climate or adjusting the audio." Vlasuk points out the navigation feature of the infotainment system doesn't add much value either, as the driver can just go with the base model using Bluetooth instead.Many of the touchscreen infotainment interfaces are "just awful," said Vlasuk. Vlasuk advises that smartphone owners in particular should hold out on making any auto infotainment system purchases because it won't be long before their smartphones likely become fully and deeply integrated into car systems, essentially providing a seamless alternative to the infotainment system. Apple's (AAPL) CarPlay, which will become fully integrated over the next year or two, enables the car to become a second screen for the iPhone to create an interface for the driver for music, voice-based actions as well as maps. Android also has a version that's yet to be named and is expected to be launched in the coming years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV