NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- After speaking with auto gurus Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book, TheStreet compiled a list of tech gadgets for your car. Some items in the list charge a premium that the experts say aren't worth the money, while others are pricey devices that are worth the investment as they can up the future resale value of your car. Others are highlighted for the convenience and safety they bring to the driver through their cutting-edge technology.
The one common, unifying theme behind the entire list is summed up by Kelley Blue Book analyst Zach Vlasuk: "the fundamental essence of in-car technology boils down to improving the quality of life while behind the wheel."
With that, here's a list of 10 tech gadgets for your car, which starts off by eliminating three less desirable gadgets, then clearing the way for the advanced technology that have been garnering enthusiasm in the auto industry...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV