Foot Locker reported earnings of 82 cents a share in the fourth quarter and revenue of $1.79 billion. According to Bloomberg roughly two-thirds of all shoes sold in Foot Locker stores come from Nike, which means the retailer's good performance is good news for the shoemaker.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 39.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $384.00 million to $537.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- NKE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, NKE has a quick ratio of 2.21, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, NIKE INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 43.57% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NKE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NKE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV