UPS Canada hosts influential panel: The Future of Women in Logistics
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 7, 2014 /CNW/ - For more than a century, International Women's Day (IWD) has recognized the enormous economic, social and political contributions of women around the world. This year's theme ' Inspiring Change' was the focus of UPS Canada's 'The Future of Women in Logistics' panel discussion which took place this morning. The event was an opportunity to gather women and men alike to discuss the changing industry of logistics and how women in particular can build their career in this field. Valuable insights from thought leaders from across the industry were shared with local businesses, government officials, UPS senior staff as well as the UPS Women's Leadership and Development (WLD) committee.
The panellists included:
- Honourable Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour and Minister of the Status of Women
- Romaine Seguin, president, UPS Americas
- Joy Nott, president, Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters
- Debra Dinger, trade and compliance manager supply chain, Ericsson
- Julia Kuzeljevich, associate editor, Canadian Shipper (moderator)
"Our Government is committed to promoting the recruitment and advancement of women in all sectors and at all levels of the economy," said the Honourable Dr. K. Kellie Leitch, Minister of Labour and Minister of the Status of Women. "I encourage all organizations to support women through ongoing mentorship, leadership and skills training. This is good for women, good for business and good for Canada."UPS leaders within different functions of the business attended the event to share their personal stories - challenges and successes - working in the logistics industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts