By early afternoon, Plug shares had soared 26.4% to $8.04. Trading volume of 77.3 million was nearly triple its three-month daily average.
A day earlier, the Latham, N.Y.-based business priced its public offering of 3.9 million shares at $5.74 a share with capital raised of around $22.4 million.
Meanwhile, FuelCell was trading 16.4% higher to $3.48 by the afternoon session after receiving a $2.8 million continuation of an award from the Department of Energy. The department's Advanced Manufacturing Office will showcase FuelCell's tri-generation capabilities for industrial use.Trading volume of 46.2 million was more than triple its three-month daily average. PLUG data by YCharts
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV