TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, says FMC Corp. (FMC) has decided to break into two different divisions. The announcement has shares higher by roughly 5% on Monday.
In addition, activist investors in Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) have also been vying for a breakup. These investors are trying to unlock value in an iron ore company at the same time iron ore prices may be headed lower due to demand issues in China, Cramer pointed out.
As for the energy market in general, Cramer said Nucor (NUE) will begin making iron pellets in Louisiana, which is now cheaper than in Brazil, thanks to the natural gas revolution in the U.S. He will talk with Nucor CEO John Ferriola on Mad Money Monday along with Jim Brown, western hemisphere president at Halliburton (HAL), and John Schiller, CEO of Energy XXI (EXXI).For as much publicity as the Bakken formation and Utica Shale get, "the Gulf of Mexico is still the biggest producer of oil," Cramer said. There has been plenty of job growth in the Gulf due to energy; because of this, the region has a much lower unemployment rate than the rest of the country, Cramer said.
- - Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV