NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Retailer The Gap has hired comedian Amy Poehler to star in multiple TV commercials for its Old Navy brand.
Retailer The Gap (GPS) is turning to comedian Amy Poehler to rev up its Old Navy brand.
The Parks and Recreation actress and Saturday Night Live alum has been hired to write, direct and star in a series of commercials for Old Navy, Gap's lowest-priced segment. Old Navy has hired other stars in the recent past for one-off commercials, but is betting more on Poehler -- this time, using her and her writing team for multiple spots that feature Poehler as a law firm executive.One aspect of Old Navy's commercials that will remain the same, however -- is the sense of urgency the brand likes to promote to hurry up and go get its deals. Old Navy reported a 2% increase in same-store sales for fiscal 2013, but that slowed from a 6% increase the year before. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV