Water Treatment Chemicals Market By Type & Application - Global Trends & Forecasts To 2018
DUBLIN, Mar. 07, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769) The global water treatment chemical market is driven by its industrial applications. In 2012, power generation was the key application industry for water treatment chemicals, representing around 15% of the global market. Municipal water treatment represented around 35% of the global water treatment chemicals consumption globally. In terms of geography, Asia-Pacific is the key region with over 35% of the market share.
China and India are the two major markets in the region that drive the global industry. North America and Western Europe markets for are matured and growing at a slow pace. Moreover, most of the developed nations are focusing on water treatment methods that are chemical-free or require small amount of chemicals. This in turn is a key restrain for the industry.
Coagulants & flocculants and scale & corrosion inhibitors are the most commonly used chemicals for water healing. These three categories of chemicals represent around 60% of the global water treatment chemicals market. The global market was estimated at $21.5 billion in 2012, and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% from 2013 to 2018. The Asia-Pacific market was estimated to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% during the same period.
Key Topics Covered: 1 Introduction2 Executive Summary3 Premium Insights4 Market Overview5 Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Types6 Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Applications7 Water Treatment Chemicals Market, By Geography8 Competitive Landscape9 Company Profiles Companies Mentioned:
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
- Akzonobel N.V.
- Ashland Inc.
- Basf Se
- Buckman Laboratories International Inc.
- Bwa Water Additives Uk Limited
- Carus Corporation
- Chemtreat Inc.
- Cortec Corporation
- Ecolab Inc.(Nalco Company)
- Feralco Ab
- Ge Water & Process Technologies
- Kemira Oyj
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Nippon Rensui Co.
- Plymouth Technology Inc.
- Snf Group
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Thermax Ltd.
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
- Wujin Fine Chemical Factory Co. Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV