Season Four picks up in the ashes of that battle, along with a zillion other things going in in Westeros, at The Wall and across the Narrow Sea where Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) is raising her three dragons, building a kingdom and learning how to rule as she prepares to one day retake the Iron Throne and return it to the Targaryen family name.
The show has been a massive success for HBO, winning Emmy and Golden Globe awards, so it's no surprise that fans are eager to experience all things Game of Thrones. The gross audience for Game of Thrones Season 3 was 14.4 million viewers, roughly 24% higher than the second season and 54% higher than its gross audience in its first season, a spokeswoman said.
HBO says Game of Thrones is HBO's most watched series since The Sopranos."Game of Thrones has become a truly global sensation thanks to the show's incredibly dedicated and loyal fans," said Zach Enterlin, senior vice president of HBO's advertising and promotion, said in a March 4 press release announcing the Barclays event. "To create an event that matches the excitement of the viewers and the epic scale of this series, we knew we had to do something really special. A fan screening of this size, at a venue like Barclays Center, feels like the perfect way to celebrate the new season of Game of Thrones." Last year's exhibition, with New York City as its only U.S. stop, was hosted by Time Warner Cable (TWC), which left avid U.S. GoT fans who weren't Time Warner Cable customers out in the cold. This year, HBO re-launched the tour with more stops, on top of the five international cities from last year. HBO extended the exhibit to New York City; Mexico City, Mexico; South by Southwest in Austin, Texas; Rio de Janeiro, Oslo, Norway; Toronto; Belfast, Northern Ireland; and Vancouver. (The tour is currently stopped in Austin for South by Southwest.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV