Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) announced today they have joined EPA’s ENERGY STAR program as an ENERGY STAR partner. Through its voluntary partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Program, Family Dollar will work to improve energy efficiency and sustainability and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through a strategic, corporate energy management program that will help preserve the environment for future generations.
"Family Dollar is pleased to become an ENERGY STAR partner,” said Colin McGinnis, Senior Vice President, Store Operations Support, Store Development and Procurement. "Through this partnership, we will demonstrate our commitment to environmental stewardship and lower our energy costs by improving the energy efficiency of the buildings we operate.”
Family Dollar uses ENERGY STAR’s Portfolio Manager to benchmark the energy use intensity of its stores, distribution centers, and Store Support Center. To date, more than 5,500 of its sites have been benchmarked in Portfolio Manager with over 7,700 sites registered, making Family Dollar one of the largest user of the tool.
In partnership with ENERGY STAR, Family Dollar is:
- Measuring and tracking the energy performance of the organization’s facilities (where possible) by using tools offered through ENERGY STAR;
- Developing and implementing a plan consistent with the ENERGY STAR Energy Management Guidelines to achieve energy savings;
- Highlighting our achievements with recognition offered through ENERGY STAR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV