Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) announced today they have joined EPA’s ENERGY STAR program as an ENERGY STAR partner. Through its voluntary partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Program, Family Dollar will work to improve energy efficiency and sustainability and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through a strategic, corporate energy management program that will help preserve the environment for future generations.
"Family Dollar is pleased to become an ENERGY STAR partner,” said Colin McGinnis, Senior Vice President, Store Operations Support, Store Development and Procurement. "Through this partnership, we will demonstrate our commitment to environmental stewardship and lower our energy costs by improving the energy efficiency of the buildings we operate.”
Family Dollar uses ENERGY STAR’s Portfolio Manager to benchmark the energy use intensity of its stores, distribution centers, and Store Support Center. To date, more than 5,500 of its sites have been benchmarked in Portfolio Manager with over 7,700 sites registered, making Family Dollar one of the largest user of the tool.
In partnership with ENERGY STAR, Family Dollar is:
- Measuring and tracking the energy performance of the organization’s facilities (where possible) by using tools offered through ENERGY STAR;
- Developing and implementing a plan consistent with the ENERGY STAR Energy Management Guidelines to achieve energy savings;
- Highlighting our achievements with recognition offered through ENERGY STAR.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts