TAMPA, Fla., March 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quality Carriers, Inc. ("Quality Carriers"), the leading North American bulk chemical carrier, has expanded into the West Texas market, with a new terminal in Sweetwater, TX.
"With the dramatic growth in the energy sector, many of our chemical customers have asked us for solutions to their transportation needs in West Texas to service their customers. Working with our independent affiliate partner, we selected Sweetwater, TX, which is just off of I-20, about 100 miles from Midland and 200 miles from Dallas," commented Randy Strutz, President, Quality Carriers. "We think this gives us an ideal location to service the high volume of chemical freight flowing in and around these rapidly growing markets."
"As a long-term independent affiliate of Quality Carriers, I wanted to expand my geographic reach. With my terminals in North Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana, opening in West Texas allows me to grow into one of the strongest markets in North America," stated Randy Schmucker, President, QC of Georgia."As mentioned in an earlier press release, we continue to review other markets and expect to aggressively expand to service our customers and add driver capacity," continued Randy Strutz. Quality Distribution, Inc. (Nasdaq:QLTY) ("Quality") is headquartered in Tampa, Florida. Quality's wholly-owned subsidiary, Quality Carriers operates the largest chemical bulk logistics network in North America. Quality Carrier's network of independent affiliates and independent owner-operators provides nationwide bulk transportation and related services. Quality Carriers is an American Chemistry Council Responsible Care® Partner and is a core carrier for many of the Fortune 500 companies that are engaged in chemical production and processing.
CONTACT: Christine Craig CFO, Quality Carriers 800-282-2031 ext. 7386
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV