Story updates at 10 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Shares of PVH gained 0.2% to $126.05 in morning trading.
The firm maintained its "overweight" rating for the apparel company, and set a new $146 price target. The lower estimates are due to the company seeing slower domestic sales. PVH is also investing more in future growth, which contributed to the lower estimates.Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PVH CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate PVH CORP (PVH) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PVH CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PVH CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.87 versus $4.36 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.01 versus $5.87).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry average. The net income increased by 17.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $167.70 million to $196.71 million.
- The gross profit margin for PVH CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.53%. Regardless of PVH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 8.72% trails the industry average.
- PVH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.99 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.12 is sturdy.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PVH Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts