Morgan Stanley (MS) Leads The Pack In Pre-Market Activity
- MS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $410.4 million.
- MS traded 21,700 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:01 AM.
- MS is up 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MS: Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. MS has a PE ratio of 22.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Morgan Stanley has been 13.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $61.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.79 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Morgan Stanley as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- MS's share price has surged by 25.23% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter.
- MORGAN STANLEY has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MORGAN STANLEY increased its bottom line by earning $1.43 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.52 versus $1.43).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, MORGAN STANLEY's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $594.00 million to $181.00 million.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts