Charles Schwab has extended its agreement with J.P. Morgan to provide Schwab clients with access to a broad range of J.P. Morgan’s fixed income securities.
The agreement, originally signed in 2010, gives Schwab’s 9.1 million client brokerage accounts 1 access to J.P. Morgan’s new issue and secondary municipal bonds and corporate debt securities. Schwab clients have had access to more than 800 new corporate issues through J.P. Morgan since 2011. In 2013, total orders for these corporate new issues saw an increase of 70 percent over 2012, and the total face value of those orders well more than doubled in that time.
“Retail demand for access to this traditionally institutional product has exceeded our expectations,” said Peter Crawford, senior vice president at Charles Schwab. “The response has been significant, and I’m thrilled that we’re continuing this successful program with J.P. Morgan.”
Crawford continued, “We believe this agreement has been an important step on the road to changing a market that previously was the near-exclusive domain of institutional investors.” As access to bond issues has become possible for more investors, he noted, demand and participation by both retail clients and Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) has grown dramatically, particularly in the area of new corporate bond issuance.Additionally, since the agreement was put in place, Schwab clients have participated in nearly 1,200 negotiated and competitive municipal deals, placed more than 12,300 orders and invested more than $1.9 billion in new issue municipal securities offered by J.P. Morgan. “Our fixed income issuer clients have benefitted from exposure to one of the largest retail brokerage platforms in the country,” said Paul Palmeri, head of Public Finance at J.P. Morgan. “We are pleased to be able to continue bringing Schwab clients access to our fixed income primary and secondary offerings.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV