NEW YORK, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jones Group Inc. (NYSE: JNY) ("The Jones Group" or the "Company") today announced that it has notified holders (the "Notice") of its 6.875% senior notes due 2019 (the "Notes") that a "Change of Control Triggering Event," as defined in the indenture governing the Notes, will occur upon the consummation of the proposed and previously announced acquisition (the "Acquisition") of the Company by Sycamore Partners. Pursuant to the terms of the Notes, in connection with the Acquisition, holders of the Notes will have the right to require the Company to purchase all or a portion of such holders' Notes at a price of 101% of the principal amount thereof, plus any accrued and unpaid interest up to, but not including, the date of purchase (the "Purchase Price"). The Company has today commenced the offer to purchase (the "Offer") the Notes for the Purchase Price in contemplation of, and conditioned on, the consummation of the Acquisition.
The terms and conditions of the Offer are included in the Notice of Change of Control and Offer to Purchase dated March 6, 2014 and related Letter of Transmittal being distributed to holders of the Notes.
The Offer will expire at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on April 3, 2014, unless extended (such time and date, as the same may be extended, the "Expiration Date"). Holders must validly tender their Notes at or prior to the Expiration Date to be eligible to receive the Purchase Price.
The Company has retained U.S. Bank National Association to act as the Depositary. Requests for additional documents may be directed to the Depositary in writing at U.S. Bank National Association, 111 Fillmore Avenue, St. Paul, Minnesota 55107-1402, Attention: Specialized Finance or by telephone at (800) 934-6802.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase the Notes or any other securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV