- The high-speed LTE PSBN will provide mission-critical, public safety data communications for the entire Los Angeles region, enabling first responders to use the latest video, data and other broadband tools to execute their missions more efficiently and safely.
- The PSBN consists of an Evolved Packet Core (EPC) with 231 eNodeB sites operating on Band Class 14, as well as a highly-reliable backhaul network and redundant Network Operation Centers (NOC).
- Motorola is providing 1,000 VML 700 LTE Vehicle Modems for the initial testing of the PSBN. In addition to supporting Band Class 14, the VML700 will provide connectivity to commercial carrier 4G LTE Band Class 13 and to 3G EVDO networks for nationwide wireless data coverage.
- In August 2013, LA-RICS awarded a contract to Motorola to develop an ASTRO®25 radio system that will provide mission-critical voice communications for the Los Angeles region. The Project 25 radio system will provide real-time interoperable communications for the Los Angeles area, as well as with regional, state and federal agencies. Combined with the LTE network, LA-RICS will provide state-of-the-art wireless voice and data communications for the entire region of more than 10 million people.
LA-RICS Selects Motorola Solutions To Develop Public Safety Broadband Network For The Los Angeles Region
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts