Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced today that it has been awarded a $36 million road and bridge project by the Alaska Department of Transportation. Granite expects to book the project into backlog during the first quarter of 2014.
This multiphase infrastructure improvement project includes creating a new East-West corridor by extending Dowling Road within the Anchorage city limits as well as construction of a new bridge over the Alaska Railroad lines and Arctic Avenue. Scope of the work also includes soil stabilization improvements, retaining walls, 800,000 tons of imported gravel borrow, 230,000 cubic yards of excavation, utility improvements, two new signalized intersections, multi-use pathways, and landscaping amenities.
Construction is scheduled to start in April 2014 and is estimated to be complete by November 2015.
About GraniteThrough its offices and subsidiaries nationwide, Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) is one of the nation’s largest infrastructure contractors and construction materials producers. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects, including transportation, industrial and federal contracting, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery. Granite is an award-winning firm in Safety, Quality and Environmental Stewardship, and has been honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for four years in a row. For more information, visit www.graniteconstruction.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV