M&T Bank Corp (MTB): Today's Featured Financial Winner
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.M&T Bank (MTB) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, M&T Bank rose $1.55 (1.3%) to $118.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 721,324 shares of M&T Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,025,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $117.73-$119.30 after having opened the day at $117.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.36. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Meridian Interstate Bancorp (EBSB), up 13.4%, Howard Bancorp Inc Md (HBMD), up 11.2%, Carolina Trust Bank (CART), up 10.0% and National Security Group (NSEC), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full M&T Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV