A good example of an advanced residential backup power system is the new Connect™ Series models from Cummins Power Generation. These models can withstand winds up to 150 mph and an automatic exercise function that ensures that the generators run when needed.
Consult an authorized dealerInstalling a permanent backup generator is not a DIY project. A qualified and licensed professional should handle the installation, which includes fuel and electrical connections in addition to these other steps:
- Determining the right size and model of generator for the home
- Applying for necessary permits
- Installing the generator in a location that complies with applicable codes
- Taking care of regular preventive maintenance and service calls
- Answering questions and guiding the homeowner through the operation of the generator
To find out more about permanently installed backup power systems, consult a local dealer or visit http://power.cummins.com. For more information on emergency weather preparedness, visit http://powertoprepare.com/.
About Cummins Power GenerationCummins Power Generation, a subsidiary of Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), is a global leader dedicated to increasing the availability and reliability of electric power around the world. With more than 90 years of experience, the company’s global network of distributors in more than 190 countries delivers innovative solutions for any power need – commercial, industrial, recreational, emergency and residential.