A good example of an advanced residential backup power system is the new Connect™ Series models from Cummins Power Generation. These models can withstand winds up to 150 mph and an automatic exercise function that ensures that the generators run when needed.
Consult an authorized dealerInstalling a permanent backup generator is not a DIY project. A qualified and licensed professional should handle the installation, which includes fuel and electrical connections in addition to these other steps:
- Determining the right size and model of generator for the home
- Applying for necessary permits
- Installing the generator in a location that complies with applicable codes
- Taking care of regular preventive maintenance and service calls
- Answering questions and guiding the homeowner through the operation of the generator
To find out more about permanently installed backup power systems, consult a local dealer or visit http://power.cummins.com. For more information on emergency weather preparedness, visit http://powertoprepare.com/.
About Cummins Power GenerationCummins Power Generation, a subsidiary of Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), is a global leader dedicated to increasing the availability and reliability of electric power around the world. With more than 90 years of experience, the company’s global network of distributors in more than 190 countries delivers innovative solutions for any power need – commercial, industrial, recreational, emergency and residential.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts